Friday, February 11, 2011

About a Girl






This is a picture of my dear friend Chris and her baby boy Francis.Ive been trying to write something about her for a few days now and I just couldn't put down what I wanted to say.I think she probably helped change my life more than anyone else Ive ever known.I was slowly dying when she came into my life.She became my counselor at a Methadone Clinic where she spent hours and hours just listening to me.She never tired to give me the answers.She let me try and figure them out for myself. It took a long time but she taught me how to not be so scared.
The other thing she did for me was this.In a few short short years I lost my brother,father,step father and my Ma and through all of it she sat and listened.

Just a few weeks ago she got very sick.Tonight I got a call from her daughter that we had lost Chris.My heart hurts but because of the things she taught me I'll be fine.We truly loved each other and I'll always have that.

She was my friend.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss Syd. Chris seemed like a lovely person and a fantastic friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. Just remember,you havent lost her she is now a Angel watching over you. It is so hard when you have lost someone that is close to you that helped you through a difficult time,I too have been there. I lift you up and I will be praying for you and Chis family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. syd. i wasn't ready for this news from you. it happened so fast. I didn't know chris but i am so thankful for her and the honorable life she led. If it wasn't for her dedication to saving lives I would not have met you. She is an angel and her good works will always be remembered. love you syd. ---my deepest love and thoughts to you and chris's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for your loss and grateful that you have had such a kind and considerate friend.

    We should all have at least one of them.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete